Information we collect
We collect the following information about you:
- Information that you voluntarily choose to provide by completing forms on this website. This includes your name, e-mail address and phone number so that we can respond to your questions and comments. You may choose to provide additional information as well.
- Details of your visits to this website, including details of the web pages and other resources you access. When you access our website, we may automatically (i.e. not by registration) collect non-personal data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the website from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed). We may use this data to monitor the attractiveness of our website and improve its performance or content.
Through your use of telecommunications services to access our website, your communications data (e.g. Internet protocol address) or utilization data (e.g. information on the beginning, end and extent of each access, and information on the telecommunications services you accessed) are technically generated and could conceivably relate to personal data. To the extent that there is a compelling necessity, the collection, processing and use of your communications or utilization data will occur and will be performed in accordance with the applicable data privacy protection legal framework.
Like many companies, we may use browser cookies on this website. Browser cookies are bits of text that are placed on the hard drive of your computer when you visit certain websites. We use browser cookies to tell us, for example, whether you have visited us before or if you are a new visitor and to help us identify site features in which you may have the greatest interest. If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Remember though that, without browser cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website features.
How we use information we collect
We use information we collect about you in the following ways:
- To respond to your questions and comments.
- To customise the way information on this website is presented to you.
We do not sell or otherwise market your personal data to third parties.
Information that we share
We may share your personal information with other members of the AerCap Group and with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf. These service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf.
We may also share your personal information with companies, organisations and individuals outside the AerCap Group if we reasonably believe that this is necessary:
- In order to comply with applicable law and regulation, a legally binding request from a governmental or regulatory body or any other legal obligation to which we or any other member of the AerCap Group are subject.
- In order to detect or prevent fraud.
If AerCap Holdings N.V. or any of its subsidiaries, or most or all of its assets, are acquired by a third party, your personal information may be shared with the company, organisation or individual making the acquisition.
Where we store your information
The information that we collect about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a location outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be accessed by personnel located outside the EEA on our behalf or on behalf of our contractors. By submitting personal information to us through this website, you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of that information outside the EEA.
How we protect your information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on this website.
Accessing and updating your information
You are entitled to a copy of any information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of this information, please contact us at the following address: AerCap Holdings N.V., AerCap House, Stationsplein 965, 1117CE Schiphol, The Netherlands, +31 20 655 9655, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge a small administrative fee for providing you with this information.
You may also ask us to correct information that we hold about you that is inaccurate. Please see Further information, below, for details about how to contact us.
Changes to this policy