Accounts Payable Assistant (11 month contract)
We are currently seeking to recruit an Accounts Payable Assistant in the Accounts Payable Division of our Financial Accounting Services department in Shannon.
The successful candidate will need to have strong Accounts Payable experience and ideally have a background with working in a high volume multi-national company. The candidate should be proficient with MS Office and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This excellent opportunity would suit a self-starting team-player who is flexible and has the drive to meet the challenges of our fast moving business.
AerCap is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (AER) and has its headquarters in Dublin with offices in Amsterdam, Los Angeles, Shannon, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Singapore, Shanghai, Abu Dhabi, Seattle and Toulouse.
The main responsibilities associated with this role will include the following, but are not limited to:
- Accurate and efficient processing of a large volume of supplier invoices in line with Group Policy and Procedures.
- Reviewing supplier invoices in preparation for processing regular payment runs for a number of companies using multiple banking platforms including Citibank, Rabobank and Deutsche Bank.
- Performing specific tasks in preparation for AP month end close.
- Assist other AP members in managing operational workload requirements.
- Liaising with other departments to resolve any vendor invoice issues.
Job requirements, qualifications, and competencies
- 1-3 years Accounts payable experience is essential preferably in a high volume multinational environment.
- PC literate with good knowledge of MS Office and MS Excel.
- Experience in processing international payments in multi-currency and using online banking systems is essential.
- SUN Accounts experience desirable but not essential.
- Highly motivated individual with ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines.