Accounts Payable Supervisor (12 month maternity leave contract)
We are currently seeking to recruit an Accounts Payable Supervisor in the Accounts Payable Division of our Financial Accounting Services department in Shannon.
The successful candidate will need to have strong Accounts Payable experience and have a background with working in a high volume multi-national company. The candidate should be proficient with MS Office and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This excellent opportunity would suit a self-starting team leader who is flexible and has the drive to meet the challenges of our fast moving business.
We offer an attractive employment package with a competitive salary and excellent labour conditions.
The main responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and provide support to the AP team in invoice processing, payments, queries, employee expense processing and other relevant duties as required.
- Assist the Senior Finance Manager in leading and directing the AP Team to ensure the responsibilities of Accounting are met.
- Manage and monitor workloads to ensure the timely completion of AP activities.
- Manage the completion of monthly creditor account reconciliations.
- Perform specific tasks in preparation for AP month end close.
- Responsible for the training of new hires within the team.
- Involvement in various projects in relation to system developments and testing.
- Authorise AP payments in the banking systems.
Job requirements, qualifications, and competencies
- 3-5 years Accounts Payable experience in a multinational environment, with 1-2 years in an accounts payable management role.
- 3rd level qualification or equivalent would be an advantage.
- Good exposure to general accounting practices.
- SUN Accounts experience desirable.
- Highly motivated individual with ability to delegate effectively.
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines.