Administrative Assistant, Aircraft Specification & Procurement
The Aircraft Specification & Procurement department is responsible for all aspects of the configuration management process for new (forward-order) aircraft and parts procurement required for transitioning (used) aircraft. Specific departmental responsibilities include program management, parts procurement, negotiation and selection of optional airframe features, airline relations, and vendor relations. The Aircraft Specification & Procurement department plays a vital role in configuring aircraft: active involvement in the selection and negotiation of vendor products, configuring aircraft interiors, program management of BFE development, management of configuration changes, interpretation and negotiation of impacts to the lease agreements, negotiating General Terms Agreements, and managing excess inventory. As of today, the team consists of 19 employees including 8 program managers with frequent travel requirements.
Working in a dynamic and challenging environment, the Administrative Assistant will be dedicated to the Aircraft Specification & Procurement team. The Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for organizing the time commitments of the Head of the department, travel and expenses for the team and ensuring the smooth running of meetings, vendor office visits, and team events. The Administrative Assistant will also oversee document management for the team including tracking counter-signatures of high impact contracts. The role will also take on side projects from time to time to support the team (e.g. updating policies and procedures, integration into new IT systems, organizing offsite team building events). To succeed, the Administrative Assistant must pay meticulous attention to detail, exercise outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, be focused, and be adept at managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Manage the Calendar of the Head of the department and team, ensuring accurate and timely meetings management.
- Manage business events, travel including flights, visas and accommodation at an international level for 8 program managers.
- Coordinate itineraries for visiting vendors (including: organization of meetings; catering arrangements; transportation arrangements; preparing and distributing detailed itineraries).
- Typing of legal documents & letters.
- Handle work of a highly confidential and sensitive nature.
- Compilation and analysis of expenses and assistance in budgetary control where required.
- Develop efficient and effective management information systems and procedures that allow swift and easy access to key documents and files.
- Contact database management.
- Provide assistance where required by the Head of the department and team in populating presentations and reports.
- Coordinate document management including tracking counter-signatures and approvals of high impact contracts.
Job requirements, qualifications, and competencies
- 5 years’ experience providing Administration support
- Leasing industry administration support distinct advantage; proven experience managing the administrative needs of a large team
- Knowledge of database management
- Expert Outlook user
- Excellent skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint are prerequisite
- Expense report preparation and processing
- Fluent English both written and oral
- Self-starter with confidence and commitment to professional delivery
- Excellent business communication
- Highly motivated and flexible individual
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure, often with tight timescales and often with a limited brief
- Flexibility in working hours to accommodate demands of different time zones
- Accustomed to working with senior executives and sensitive data
- Tech Savvy