This position is within the IT department of AerCap and reports to the Group CIO. AerCap is in the process of implementing a new IT Strategy. A significant part of the strategy is the focus on updating our application landscape to provide integrated and modern applications to our global user base. This is a role in a “quality-first” environment and will involve responsibilities across end user requirements, process definition and optimisation, implementation and management of change. It is a permanent position in a truly global operating company, a wide and varied role, giving the successful applicant experience to the Aircraft Leasing Industry and the various departments within. Projects can range from small change to large scale implementations.
- Ability to continuously drive projects forward to completion.
- Develop a strong understanding of existing system and application landscape, as a building block for future solutions.
- Analyse business processes and requirements and transfer the knowledge to the development and test team.
- Prepare accurate and detailed requirements documentation and functional specifications.
- Prepare accurate and detailed high level estimates as part of the Demand Evaluation process.
- Communicate effectively with the business, the development and test team to understand functional requirements (e.g. screen, interface, report, GUI designs), and to ensure the solution meets these.
- Coordinate with the business users who test and evaluate applications, and resolve software issues, in conjunction with developers and testers where appropriate.
- Manage any change requests related to the working project plans to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Investigate data discrepancies and perform ad-hoc database queries as needed.
- Assist the service desk (first-line support) in identification and analysis of complex production issues if required, clarifying if and how business requirements are not being met, and support the resolution.
- Ensure compliance with all organisational, legal and regulatory requirements and standards including SOX compliance and Security.
Job requirements, qualifications, and competencies
- Educated to a degree level in Information Technology or Sciences
- 5+ years’ experience as a business analyst
- A recognised BA qualification is desirable
- Must be a self-starter and exhibit intellectual curiosity
- Must be able to take initiative and work independently while maintaining strong team relations
- Excellent time and work management skills, able to prioritise competing demands from conflicting sources
- Advanced skills with data analysis and problem solving
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders across multiple locations and third party vendors/development teams
- Experience working across multiple applications/projects in parallel
- Experience in Business Process and Data Modelling
- Experience in Application Support and Training
- Experience in writing User Manuals
- Experience of working in a large delivery programme a distinct advantage
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
- Experience of estimating effort and input into project planning
- Very good understanding of the various technologies
- Experience throughout the entire software development life-cycle
- Good understanding of cloud technologies and integration frameworks
- Good understanding of relational databases and data models
- SQL, SOQL, or other DB query language
- Knowledge of IT-compliance (SOX) and operational excellence models
- Good understanding of Aircraft Leasing a distinct advantage
- Well-developed vendor management
- Well-developed partner management and relationship building skills
- Positive, can-do attitude towards a very demanding internal customer base
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders whilst delivering change and value to the business