Contracts Manager - EMEA
The Contracts Management Department manages high monetary value transactions, enforces contract compliance, and fosters strong client relationships vital to AerCap’s continued success. Working in a dynamic and challenging environment, the Contracts Manager is responsible for directing all related aspects of assigned accounts and transaction, managing AerCap and client compliance with the terms of the contract, corporate policies, and government regulations. This position is engaged in, among other things, ensuring agreements are accurately managed, liaising with internal departments and deal team members to ensure thorough execution of the lease terms, managing delivery, return, and sales transactions, maintaining information in the corporate database and monitoring customer receivables. To succeed, the Contracts Manager must pay meticulous attention to detail, exercise strong communication skills in English, be client-focused, and be adept at managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
Monitor and Ensure Lease Compliance
- Monitor, check and manage lease/purchase/sale stipulations and requirements as well as track critical events, in line with the terms of the agreement and policies and procedures, in order to ensure compliance with the various aircraft agreements (Lease, Sale and Purchase);
Aircraft Delivery and Redelivery
- Interact with airline clients, check and prepare certain Conditions Precedents (CPs) and reconcile any outstanding receivables, as outlined in the contract and per the policies and procedures, in order to ensure delivery and redelivery of aircraft in accordance with the contractual agreements. Attend delivery events with our OEM partners in Toulouse, Hamburg, Seattle, and São Paulo, as required;
- Project manage the capture and integrity of all relevant lease and portfolio lease information in AerCap’s corporate management system (CMS), in line with policies and procedures, in order to make all contractual data available companywide;
- Work closely with the Risk and Leasing Departments in mapping the strategy for the management of challenged Airline accounts including; the collection of outstanding receivables, preparing and delivering of Notices of Default, customer-facing workouts, among other tasks, all with the aim of protecting the assumed economic gains throughout the life of the lease;
Letter of Credit Management
- Manage the negotiation and issuance of Letters of Credit ensuring the ongoing terms and validity remain in accordance with the terms of the lease agreement and company policies and procedures. Manage and, where required, travel to the bank for drawdown;
- Prepare ancillary legal documents and correspondence such as draft relevant Conditions Precedent in line with the terms and conditions set forth in the contract and the policies and procedures;
- Prepare and distribute reports, in line with AerCap’s requirements, in order to provide internal and external parties with relevant and up to date lease/portfolio information;
- Manage ad-hoc special transactions or regulatory requirements (e.g., Cape Town Registrations, Eurocontrol, Customs, Sarbanes-Oxley (Sox) Audits), register and / or deregister aircraft using knowledge of specific aviation authority requirements, manage intra-department and team projects.
- Job knowledge
- Problem solving
Job requirements, qualifications, and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- 3-5 years of prior corporate contract experience. Experience in the aviation industry is preferred but not essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in business English.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Understand databases and document management systems.
- Understand the impact document terms have on various business areas.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Extraordinary attention to overall quality of the final product.
- Flexible, self-starting, and tenacious with an exceptional aptitude for dealing with ambiguity.
- Proactive approach to addressing problems and proven problem-solving skills.
- Able to excel in high-stress situations.
- Comfortable dealing with diverse, and at times challenging, personalities.
- Willingness and ability to travel – sometimes at short notice.
- Challenging job in a dynamic business environment
- Interesting colleagues with different backgrounds from all over the world
- An opportunity to become part of the dynamic world of aircraft finance
- An attractive employment package with a competitive salary and excellent working conditions