Corporate Legal Counsel
AerCap is seeking a bright, motivated junior lawyer to assist senior colleagues with the management of the legal aspects of high value debt and equity aircraft financing and trading transactions together with corporate litigation and other legal matters, enforcement of contract compliance and contribution to the fostering of key investor relationships vital to AerCap’s continued success.
Working in a dynamic international environment, the Legal Counsel will gain experience of a wide variety of aircraft finance and leasing related matters working with senior lawyers to execute high profile aviation transactions with the leading aircraft lessor.
The role entails liaising with internal and external personnel to bring transactions to a close within compressed timeframes.
This position requires strong legal skills and commercial acumen, strong communication and interpersonal skills, good judgment and strong organizational skills. The successful candidate must be adept at working as part of a team and at managing multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Review, advise on, draft, negotiate and manage the documentation of high profile aircraft sale, aircraft purchase, aircraft financing and other corporate projects involving multiple parties in multiple jurisdictions from the pre-contractual stages through to completion together with senior lawyers.
- This responsibility will require an understanding of and experience with the conditions precedent necessary to effect transaction closings and ensuring project completeness in line with company requirements, deadlines and budgets.
- Advise on topical relevant legal issues.
Job requirements, qualifications, and competencies
- Excellent academics
- 0-2 years PQE in a leading law firm or in house role
- Aviation or finance training
- Detail-oriented, able to work as part of a team and able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously
- Able to deliver complex aircraft related projects on time and on budget
- Flexible, hard-working, self-starting and tenacious
- Strong analytical skills and ability to propose solutions to complex legal issues
- Proactive about addressing problems and proven problem-solving skills
- Able to excel in high-stress situations
- Capable of dealing with diverse personalities with different geographic and cultural backgrounds
- Able and willing to travel as required