Executive Assistant, Legal Leasing
AerCap is seeking a motivated, highly-organized individual to support the attorneys and legal professionals in its EMEA Legal Leasing team. The candidate will report to the Head of Legal Leasing in AerCap's Dublin headquarters.
Legal experience is preferred and at a minimum the candidate should have a strong interest in aviation law. To succeed, the applicant must be detail-oriented, highly organized and self-starting, and must thrive in fast-paced environments.
AerCap's Legal Leasing department is responsible for all customer-facing legal issues, including leasing transactions, aircraft sales, litigation, and regulatory matters.
AerCap is the global leader in aircraft leasing with 1,334 owned, managed or on-order aircraft in its portfolio as of December 31, 2019. AerCap serves approximately 200 customers in approximately 80 countries.
AerCap is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (AER) and has its headquarters in Dublin with offices in Shannon, Los Angeles, Singapore, Amsterdam, Shanghai, Abu Dhabi, Seattle and Toulouse.
- Work with external counsel in diverse foreign jurisdictions to process legal invoices for attorney approval
- Ensure compliance with law firm billing guidelines
- Organize international business travel including flights, transportation, accommodation and visas
- Compile attorney expenses reports and process for approval
- Manage individual attorney and department calendars
- Coordinate itineraries for visiting executives
- Provide assistance where required by the legal team in populating presentations and reports
- Manage ad-hoc special projects
- Typing of legal documents, notices and other written communications
- Assist in updating and formatting of form legal documents
- Handle work of a highly confidential nature
- Save transactional documentation in AerCap's document management system
- Monitor compliance with relevant records management policies
- Maintain and improve upon an efficient system to track status and completion of department projects
Job requirements, qualifications, and competencies
- Strong academic background
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, as well as eagerness to learn new applications to promote efficiency
- Comfortable in a fast-paced international environment
- Extraordinary attention to detail and the overall quality of the final product
- Flexible in working hours to accommodate demands of different time zones
- Examines the status quo and thinks of how to improve it
- Accustomed to working with senior executives and sensitive data
- Enthusiastic for aviation law