The AerCap Leasing Department is responsible for the global commercial leasing activity of the company, with an owned or managed fleet of more than 1,000 aircraft on lease to approximately 200 airlines across the globe. The Leasing Department originates and manages commercial aircraft lease transactions and the Leasing Manager will play a critical role within AerCap’s Leasing team through management of specific airline relationships, particularly in the Sub Saharan Africa region, as well as support roles focused on research and analysis, leasing support, pricing support and all aspects of customer management as further described below.
Relationship and Aircraft Management
- Establish and foster airline customer relationships across regions of Sub Saharan Africa. This will involve significant travel in the region and gaining an understanding of the political, economic and aviation landscape in all countries in which we operate.
- Develop relationships with airlines within the designated countries including airline management and fleet teams, manufacturers, aviation authorities and relevant political representatives.
- Further AerCap’s business interests in the region and represent AerCap in all aspects of aircraft leasing and customer management in the region.
- Own all aspects of interaction with the allocated AerCap customers, including managing the AerCap team responsible for the delivery and return of aircraft with those customers, with guidance and direction from the Head of Leasing EMEA.
- Oversee the administration of the leases within the region until return of the aircraft, including collections, reimbursements from reserves, restructurings, repossessions, and other work outs, maintaining communication with the customer and the relevant internal AerCap departments.
- In cooperation with the other Leasing Executives and Leasing Coordinators aim to support the various leasing activities across the group in whatever capacity that may take from time to time.
- Liaise with various AerCap departments in offices around the world, such as Technical, Legal, Portfolio Management, Accounting and Strategic Planning & Analysis to ensure an accurate flow of information to and from AerCap front line executives and assist in driving transactions to a commercially informed conclusion in a timely fashion.
- In support of the AerCap Leasing Executives, as required attend customer meetings, industry events and deal negotiations.
- Work with the Leasing Executives and Leasing Coordinators in the preparation of complex Letter of Intent, including the collation of key data through cooperation with the various departments within AerCap.
- Provide project support to the Leasing Executives including research, data manipulation, analysis, and presentation production as required.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the European, Middle Eastern and African (EMEA) markets and as requested, look into trends, airline business models, government regulations, mergers and acquisitions and other factors that may impact AerCap’s EMEA business.
- Maintain ongoing contact with suppliers and other industry information sources to ensure AerCap’s collective aircraft and industry knowledge is current.
- Conduct competitor analysis to help better educate Leasing Executives and senior management as to opportunities and threats in the market.
- Liaise with the Risk and Leasing Executives in the debate and analysis of airline credits within the EMEA region.
Senior Management Support
- Ad hoc studies as required by the President and Chief Commercial Officer and the Head of Leasing for EMEA.
- Preparation of presentations for board meetings, investor days, industry events and internal management as required.
- Work with the Head of Leasing for EMEA on the various IT developments ongoing within AerCap and participate in the discussion around how they may interact with the Leasing Department.
- Provide analytical input into business cases as required for tactical and strategic undertakings by AerCap.
- Support the Director, Pricing and Airline Analysis in providing timely pricing analysis of transactions sourced within the EMEA region.
- With the Director, Pricing and Airline Analysis, work on maintaining and regularly updating the inputs for the existing financial models used to commercially assess deals.
- Create bespoke financial models as necessary to analyze non-standard transactions.
Job requirements, qualifications, and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters, preferably (but not essentially) in Finance, Business, Mathematics, Engineering, or Aerospace.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience within the aviation (airline, manufacturer, aircraft lessor) industry, or in either management, consulting, or banking with a focus on these industries being preferred but not essential.
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good presentation skills, proficiency in PowerPoint preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Additional 2nd or 3rd language is strongly preferred
- Able to develop relationships at all levels within our airline customers.
- Comfortable presenting materials in both formal and informal settings.
- Able to manage relationships with all internal departments including the most senior levels of management at AerCap.
- Maintain relationships necessary to facilitate data feeds and maintenance of recurring reports and analyses.
- Work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Extraordinary attention to overall quality of final product.
- Flexible, self-starting, and tenacious with an exceptional ability to deal with ambiguity/pressure.
- Meets deadlines, able to prioritize.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity; develop knowledge base and skill set beyond that called for by immediate tasks; push the ‘knowledge envelope’; evaluate results of own work and that of others critically vs. purely focusing on production; continuously question processes and / or methods and seek opportunities for improvement; thoughtfully challenge conventional wisdom.