The Tax Manager position is a temporary role (maternity cover). The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of the Group’s compliance and planning including the preparation of current and deferred tax workings under US GAAP, FRS 101 and FRS 102 for provisioning purposes. The Tax Manager will also have responsibility for the submission of Irish corporation tax computations, returns and associated disclosures to the Revenue Commissioners.
AerCap is the global leader in aircraft leasing with, as of March 31, 2018, 1,519 owned, managed or on order aircraft in its portfolio. AerCap has one of the most attractive order books in the industry. AerCap serves approximately 200 customers in approximately 80 countries with comprehensive fleet solutions.
Reporting to the Tax Director, the main responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of the annual and quarterly corporate tax provisioning for the AerCap consolidated group together with the annual provisioning for single entities (foreign and Irish).
- Manage and report to the Tax Director on all aspects of compliance for group companies and serviced entities.
- Identify tax efficiencies and planning opportunities and work with the Tax Director on implementing same.
- Manage intra-group transactions to ensure compliance with group transfer pricing policy and transfer pricing legislation and guidance.
- Submission of periodical tax returns for the Irish companies which would include VAT filings, VIES filings, Intrastat returns and DWT filings.
- Liaise with external advisors in managing certain foreign tax compliance obligations.
- Liaise with the Irish tax authorities on all documentary requirements such as residence certificates, tax registrations etc.
Job requirements, qualifications, and competencies
- The Tax Manager should have at least one year’s management experience in taxation preferably within Industry/Financial Services or big four firm.
- The candidate should be AITI and ACA/ACCA qualified.
- Strong understanding of current and deferred tax.
- Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Well organised, diligent and detail orientated.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of information systems and in particular Revenues Online Services (ROS), IXBRL and Alpha Tax.
- Ability to manage inter-departmental relationships across AerCap’s global offices.
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
- Hard working team player, flexible and able to perform under pressure.
- Ability to act on own initiative, take responsibility, motivate and lead others effectively.
- Strong communicator who can deal effectively with people from a finance and non-finance background.
- Someone who takes a proactive approach to solving problems.
- Challenging job in a dynamic business environment.
- Interesting colleagues with different backgrounds from all over the world.
- An opportunity to become part of the dynamic world of aircraft finance.
- An attractive employment package with a competitive salary and excellent working conditions.