Program Manager (in Application Change Management) - Assets and Contracts
About the company
AerCap is the global leader in aircraft leasing and aviation finance headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. With $43 billion of assets, AerCap is funded by a robust long-term capital structure that produces strong earnings and cash flow generation.
The AerCap fleet of modern fuel-efficient aircraft, one of the largest in the world, provides our customers with scope for improved operational efficiency and profitability. With increased demand for global air transportation, our modern fleet profile and extensive portfolio of valued customers, we are a driving force in the industry.
Our mission at AerCap IT is to provide excellent IT Services to our organization, those which will make a positive difference to our business and help us differentiate AerCap in our market. Applications play a key role to make that difference and our Program Managers are at the forefront to enable and facilitate change in order to improve business outcomes. AerCap has put in place a clear IT Strategy that will see significant investment in replacing some of our core Asset and Contracts Management systems while moving into a cloud based operation model.
For this significant change we are looking for an experienced Program and Change Manager who will lead a team of in-house BAs and third party suppliers to replace some of our core IT systems. Reporting directly to the Group CIO, the successful candidate will also work closely with the Business Program Manager, existing partners and external consultants.
This is a broad, highly interesting, challenging and diverse role requiring a PRINCE2 or PMI certification as well as a good understanding of Asset and Contracts Management in a specialised Financial Services Provider. This role operates in a “quality first” environment and will require outstanding project management, communication skills, risk and issue management and problem-solving ability, as well as stakeholder engagement at all level in the organisation.
This is a permanent position in a truly globally operating company.
- Responsible for the Demand Management of the Asset and Contracts Management departments.
- Working together with the business to understand, capture and prioritize their demands related to IT projects (new system requests, implementation of changes to existing systems, upgrades, migrations, etc.)
- Ensuring that projects follow our agreed methodology and are delivered in line with our compliance requirements (Sarbanes Oxley).
- Leading internal as well as external project teams (often in multiple locations) including Business Analysts, test consultants, system consultants and project managers.
- Working closely with different vendors and taking responsibility for Vendor Management, including contract negotiations.
- Provide BAU and Release Management for the existing application base. Chair prioritizations meetings with the business and ensure delivery of the release from Application Change Request to Delivered Functionality.
- Work closely with the Director of Service Delivery to ensure IT delivers the maximum possible level of service for the existing application base, taking the lead on critical support issues and escalating with the Software Vendor(s) as needed.
- Responsible for Project Management Documentation and Project Administration in line with the SOx controls and internal Policies & Procedures.
- Participate in commercial negotiations and coordinate on budgeting and forecast processes and review with management.
- Maintain & monitor performance levels, controls and processes to minimise risk.
- Ensure compliance with all organisational, legal and regulatory requirements including SOx compliance and Security Standards.
Job requirements and competencies
- Educated to a degree level in Information Technology or Sciences ideally to a Masters level.
- At least 5 years’ experience in IT project management in a commercial organisation (B2B preferred), ideally with at least 2-3 years in a financial organisation or even an aircraft lessor.
- PMI or Prince2 certification at professional level highly desired.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOx) and the aviation or financial industry would be advantageous.
- Experience of working on a complex software implementation project including application change, data migration and integration.
- Experience in working in both an Agile and Waterfall environment is preferable.
- Excellent business communication and stakeholder management skills at all levels in the organisation.
- Well-developed vendor and partner management and relationship building skills.
- Positive “Can Do-attitude” towards a very demanding internal customer base.
- Flexible and positive attitude.
- Proven commercial awareness/budgeting experience and a track record of working in multinational environments.
- Practical and hands-on mentality.
- Fluent in English, with impeccable oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity: develop knowledge base and skill set beyond that called for by immediate tasks; push the ‘knowledge envelope’; evaluate results of own work and that of others critically vs. purely focusing on production; continuously question processes and / or methods and seek opportunities for improvement; thoughtfully challenge conventional wisdom.