Project and SG&A Senior Accounting Manager
AerCap is seeking a motivated individual to join its Group Finance team as the Project and SG&A Manager. In this position, you will prepare, analyze and review the spend in order to explain trends within the SG&A function. There will also be an element of project work required as part of this position, offering the successful candidate the ability to work with several teams within the accounting department.
With AerCap, you will be challenged to develop yourself, to extend your knowledge and skills and to proactively participate in projects and to improve and professionalize processes in the company. The ideal candidate is a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent) with relevant working experience.
- Production of period end management accounts, quarterly reports, and budgets as per group policies.
- Production of executive reporting and forecasting requirements, working closely with operations and strategic finance.
- Responsibility for the payroll cost within the GL, with ability to review and explain trends within this area.
- Perform analysis within the SG&A area and identify opportunities for process improvements
- Design and improve current finance modelling within the SG&A team.
- Maintain and improve internal controls over accounting processes.
- Project Manager for accounting team projects.
- All job-related and ad-hoc duties as assigned.
Job requirements, qualifications, and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- US GAAP experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent) preferred
- At least three plus years of relevant post qualification work experience in an international environment or a big four audit firm
- Excellent numerical / analytical skills in a complex area
- Experience with Sun or another ERP system is an advantage
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English) - able to communicate ideas accurately and clearly via both verbal and written means with people from a finance and non-finance background
- Someone who takes a proactive approach to solving problems
- Ability to act on own initiative, take responsibility, motivate and lead others effectively
- Flexible – willing to apply extra commitment during busy periods
- Relevant aviation experience is an advantage
- Challenging job in a dynamic business environment
- Interesting colleagues with different backgrounds from all over the world
- An opportunity to become part of the dynamic world of aircraft finance
- An attractive employment package with a competitive salary and excellent working conditions