Senior Manager Accounting Operations – Accounts Receivable Team
The Senior Manager within the AR team is primarily responsible for the day to day people management activities of the Operations team who are responsible for invoicing and cash collections within AerCap. In this position, you will prepare, analyze and review AR accounting data. This encompasses general ledger account reconciliation and other general accounting functions including the tracking of the AR during the close process.
This excellent opportunity would suit a self-starting team-player who is flexible and has the drive to meet the challenges of our fast moving business. The successful candidate will have a proven track record from working in a fast paced, dynamic, service orientated environment.
With AerCap, you will be challenged to develop yourself, to extend your knowledge and skills and to proactively participate in projects and to improve and professionalize processes in the company.
- Provide direction and support to the Operations team who are responsible for invoicing and cash collections while managing portfolio of airlines.
- Perform the analytical review and provide a flux analysis of movement in AR for relevant period including quarter on quarter analysis.
- Support business operations in the management of a portfolio of deferrals.
- Manage the period end close process checklist.
- Work efficiently and effectively with other departments to identify opportunities to improve and streamline processes.
- Maintain and improve reporting controls, including assisting the preparation and maintenance of documentation on AerCap’s accounting systems procedures and internal controls.
- Design and improve finance modelling within the AR team.
- Preparation of information for both External/ Internal Audits as required.
- Analyse and report on lessee exposures and cash flows to senior management team.
- All job-related and ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Gain an understanding of the full end-to-end process and contribute to the enhancement of the knowledge of the AR’s process across the team and business.
- Be responsible and adaptable to the challenges presented with the current Covid-19 situation, and work with the team to escalate issues on a timely basis.
Job requirements, qualifications, and competencies
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or a relevant post graduate/masters education.
- A minimum of one year’s experience of direct people management.
- Relevant experience in an international environment including a big four audit firm.
- Fluent English speaking and writing - able to communicate ideas accurately and clearly via both verbal and written means.
- Analytical, accurate and result driven.
- Independent and proactive – seeks solutions.
- Flexible – willing to apply extra commitment during busy periods.
- Demonstrates resilience – able to plan ahead, anticipate and escalate potential issues and refocus as needed.
- Hands-on (willing to understand the details of complex issues), a team player and able to assist staff solve their problems.
- Advanced Excel skills and in depth knowledge of well-known advanced accounting / ERP systems (Experience with CMS and/or SUN is advantageous).