Software QA Test Manager
The position is within the IT department, supporting the delivery of new and enhanced functionality across a number of applications. The successful candidate will work with the broader IT team (PM/BA/Developers) to ensure new and existing functionality is working in accordance with requirements.
The Software QA Manager will be responsible for defining a QA strategy and developing the QA capabilities to support that strategy, as well as being hands-on in the day-to-day testing process. There is a strategy in place to manage test execution through a managed service. The successful Test manager will be instrumental in establishing this service and managing the supplier.
AerCap is the global leader in aircraft leasing with, as of December 31, 2017, 1,531 owned, managed or on order aircraft in its portfolio. AerCap has one of the most attractive order books in the industry. AerCap serves approximately 200 customers in approximately 80 countries with comprehensive fleet solutions.
AerCap is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (AER) and has its headquarters in Dublin with offices in Amsterdam, Los Angeles, Shannon, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Singapore, Shanghai, Abu Dhabi, Seattle and Toulouse.
- Define a QA strategy which meets the needs of a company with a diverse range of business applications (predominantly Microsoft stack and Cloud-based solutions)
- Develop QA capabilities mainly through a new Managed Service (to be set up)
- Provide test expertise to the IT team including PM, BA and Developers
- Manage the day-to-day QA testing process across multiple business applications
- QA resource planning for software projects with mainly external QA resources
- Defining acceptance criteria, creating and maintaining test cases and test plans
- Coordinating user acceptance testing alongside business users
- Only initially performing both manual and automated functional testing as required
- Liaising with Business Users and Suppliers to resolve bugs/issues in a timely manner, while ensuring that project scope and timelines are safeguarded
- Responsible for administration of test documentation and ensuring this is compliant with both internal Company Policies and SOX regulations
Job requirements, qualifications, and competencies
- At least 3+ years of experience in a similar position
- Bachelor's degree ideally in Computer Science or a comparable field
- Good knowledge of SQL
- ISTQB or TMAP certified
- Test automation and performance testing experience
- Experience in testing financial software and cloud-based enterprise applications
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and the aviation industry would be advantageous
- Experience of working in both Agile and Waterfall environment
- Challenging job in a dynamic business environment
- Interesting colleagues with different backgrounds from all over the world
- An opportunity to become part of the dynamic world of aircraft finance
- An attractive employment package with a competitive salary and excellent working conditions