Vice President Engine Management
Reporting to the Head of Engine Management, the Vice President Engine Management will provide technical oversight and engine asset management services to the fleet of AerCap aircraft within the EMEA region. The Vice President will be responsible for a number of assigned customers and aircraft and will work within a multidisciplinary team to transition aircraft between Lessees and managed aircraft whilst on lease.
AerCap is the global leader in aircraft leasing with 1,471 owned, managed or on order aircraft in its portfolio as of June 30, 2018. AerCap has one of the most attractive order books in the industry. AerCap serves approximately 200 customers in approximately 80 countries with comprehensive fleet solutions.
AerCap is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (AER) and has its headquarters in Dublin with offices in Shannon, Los Angeles, Singapore, Amsterdam, Fort Lauderdale, Shanghai, Abu Dhabi, Seattle, and Toulouse. While the role offers opportunities to perform engagements in these overseas offices, the role is primarily Dublin based.
- Provide input into the lease negotiation with respect to engine delivery/redelivery conditions, maintenance reserve rates, and reimbursement methodology.
- Provide engine technical support during aircraft transitions and address Lessee technical queries on the engines and technical records.
- Review of boroscope inspections and findings during aircraft transitions.
- Review of engine status, specifications, and health trend data to ensure compliance with delivery/redelivery conditions.
- Assist in calculations of any end-of-lease financial adjustments related to engines where required.
Shop Visit Management
- Review of shop visit workscopes to ensure compliance with lease agreement articles and the engine manufacturer’s workscope planning recommendations.
- Assist the Lessee in defining workscopes to meet build goals and return conditions.
- Representation at shop table inspections where required.
- Review of exchange material proposals including back to birth history for LLP/serialized part replacements.
- Review test cell data to ensure build life objectives.
- Review of shop visit documentation to ensure compliance with workscope and contractual obligations and protect asset value.
- Calculate maintenance reserve claims and assist in the administration of the claim reimbursement process.
- Identify opportunities for shop visit avoidance for end of life assets, or other cost reduction by way of engine lease in, engine exchange, or amendment of lease return conditions.
- Monitoring of fleet technical issues e.g. SB/ADs or other, which may impact asset values.
- Assist the Finance team in the forecasting of engine maintenance events during the lease for assigned fleets.
- Monitor fleet technical issues e.g. SB/ADs etc, to understand any impact to future asset values or claims reimbursements.
- Negotiate MRO agreements for AerCap managed shop visits, provide shop visit management and invoice review services for assigned fleets.
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with MROs and OEMs.
- Provide technical support to the Portfolio Management team with OEM contract negotiations; aircraft and engine purchases/sales, GTAs, aftermarket services etc.
- Understands and ensures compliance with complex lease agreements.
Job requirements, qualifications, and competencies
- Degree in Engineering, Aviation Management, or equivalent, Licensed Engineer, and a minimum of seven years of airline or leasing company experience related to aircraft engines.
- Thorough understanding of engine maintenance processes and airline operations.
- Familiarity with all major engine types, including LEAP, GTF, CFM, and V2500 narrowbody engine types and GE, PW or RR widebody types.
- Experience of aircraft leasing industry preferable.
- Team player with ability to collaborate across multiple departments: Leasing, Legal, Contracts, Portfolio Management, Materiel etc. to meet customer needs.
- Proactive; will take ownership of issues and seek resolution.
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurized environment.
- Analytical with attention to detail. Ability to solve complex technical problems whilst demonstrating sound judgement where needed.
- Well organised, diligent, and able to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Flexible and adaptable; ability to travel on short notice as needed.