Vice President Leasing
The Leasing Department is responsible for AerCap’s global commercial leasing strategy and activity. The Vice President originates and manages commercial aircraft lease transactions between AerCap and more than 200 airlines across the globe. The Vice President is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of relationships with airline customers, the sourcing of business with such customers, and the commercial terms on which the business is conducted. The VP’s commercial responsibility continues throughout the life of each deal, from inception of commercial negotiations to return of the aircraft. The Vice President is a leader that guides other client-facing departments in the performance of their roles. Reporting to the Head of Asia Pacific, the ideal candidate will be contribute to the corporation’s short- and long-term goals and objectives to maximize profit in the Region.
The successful candidate will be someone with a deep industry and regional knowledge that will earn the respect of internal and external stakeholders, ideally with 5 to 10 years leasing experience already. She/he should also be someone who thrives in a dynamic organization that is in a period of growth.
Relationship and aircraft management
- Identify, develop and execute business and marketing strategies to maximize profitability and other corporate objectives.
- Establish and foster airline customer relationships to provide insight into the direction of their organization, work in shaping requirements, assess customer satisfaction, identify and qualify potential new business opportunities, and understand their budget and political environment.
- Engage in continuous development to promote the placement of new and second-hand aircraft, including extensions of existing leases.
- Lead the team responsible for the delivery and return of aircraft.
- Responsible for the administration of the lease until return of the aircraft, including collections, reimbursements from reserves, restructurings, repossessions and the likes
- Prepare letters of intent and manage the internal approval process.
- Coordinate the development of the deal with other Leasing Executives to obtain the best overall deal for AerCap.
- Lead the deal team during lease negotiations and get leases executed.
- Ensure that organization’s activities are in compliance with Company policies/guidelines, international regulations/codes.
Job requirements, qualifications, and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or JD preferred.
- 5-10 years of aircraft leasing or sales experience required; demonstrated leasing/ sales success and superior customer management abilities.
- Is a strategic thinker with the ability to formulate strategy, obtain staff/management buy-in and implement the strategy.
- Advanced negotiation and mediation skills.
- Understanding of the technical elements of aircraft that affect aircraft leasing.
- Understanding of issues involved in complex, cross-border leasing transactions.
- Knowledge of basic financial concepts and principles.
- Knowledge of the commercial aviation sector.
- Knowledge of key competitors.
- Will have a management style and technical competence that generates confidence and respect internally and externally.
- Respected in airline industry and knowledgeable of key industry players.
- Develop strong working relationships with clients and vendors.
- Able to negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups.
- Able to be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic.
- A deep knowledge of the international aviation industry and customer base, with leasing and/or financing experience preferred.
- Promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values.
- Participate in strong team morale and spirit.
- Ensure intra-department unification around the company’s strategic goals.
- Will be an exceptional team player who can excel at working in a collegial environment and work well within AerCap.
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to handle multiple, competing priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, self-starting and tenacious with an aptitude for dealing with ambiguity.
- Personal creativity and drive; must have the vision and courage to break new ground and establish the highest standards of excellence, while taking prudent risks to achieve targets and goals.
- Extensive travel internationally, often with little notice.