Business Analyst - Fixed Term contract (9 months)
This position is within the IT department of AerCap and reports to the Group CIO. AerCap is in the process of implementing a new IT strategy. A significant part of the strategy is the focus on updating our application landscape to provide integrated and modern applications to our global user base. This is a role in a “quality first” environment and will involve responsibilities across end user requirements, process definition and optimisation, implementation and management of change. It is a permanent position in a truly global operating company.
- Analyse business processes and requirements and transfer the knowledge to the development and test team.
- Prepare accurate and detailed requirements documentation and functional specifications.
- Communicate effectively with the business, the development and test team to understand functional requirements (e.g. screen, interface, report, GUI designs), and to ensure the solution meets these.
- Coordinate with the business users who test and evaluate applications, and resolve software issues, in conjunction with developers and testers where appropriate.
- Evaluate data collected through task analysis, business process definition and workshops.
- Manage any change requests related to the working project plans to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Investigate data discrepancies and perform ad-hoc database queries as needed.
- Assist the service desk (first-line support) in identification and analysis of complex production issues if required, clarifying if and how business requirements are not being met, and support the resolution.
- Ensure compliance with all organisational, legal and regulatory requirements and standards including SOX compliance and Security.
Job requirements, qualifications, and competencies
- Educated to a degree level in Information Technology or Sciences ideally to a Masters level.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a business or systems analyst.
- 1-2 years’ aircraft leasing experience.
- 5+ years process modelling experience.
- 5+ years Salesforce experience, Lightning is a must.
- Able to take initiative and work independently.
- Advanced skills with data analysis and problem solving.
- Good understanding of relational databases and data models.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders across multiple locations.
- Must exhibit intellectual curiosity.
- Must be able to work independently while maintaining strong team relations.
- Excellent time and work management skills, able to prioritise competing demands from conflicting sources.
- Very good understanding of the various technologies, in particular Salesforce
- Experience throughout the entire software development life-cycle
- Good understanding of cloud technologies and integration frameworks
- Knowledge of IT-compliance (SOX) and operational excellence models
- Formal IT professional qualifications in Business Analysis preferred
- Experience of estimating effort and input into project planning would be useful
- Well-developed vendor and partner management and relationship building skills
- Positive, can-do attitude towards a very demanding internal customer base
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders whilst delivering change to the business