Director Pricing Analysis & Leasing Support
The Director, Pricing Analysis and Leasing Support plays a critical role within AerCap’s Leasing team by driving informed decision making within core business areas. The role is focused on providing pricing analysis of aircraft lease and sale transactions to ensure strategic and tactical decision-making, general market information and analytics and specific campaign presentations and pitches. To succeed, the incumbent must possess strong analytical and communicative skills and be self-motivated to work in a dynamic, exciting, and challenging environment.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Through the AerCap deal approval process, provide timely pricing analysis of transactions sourced within the Asia Pacific region (APAC).
- Liaise with various AerCap departments in offices around the world, such as Technical, Legal, Portfolio Management, Accounting, Strategic Planning & Analysis to ensure an accurate flow of information to and from AerCap front line executives and assist in driving transactions to a commercially informed conclusion in a timely fashion.
- Work on existing financial models used to assess deals from a commercial focus in addition to creating bespoke financial models as necessary to analyze non-standard transactions.
- Provide project support to the Leasing department, including research, data manipulation / analysis and presentation production.
- Conduct market and competitor research in the evaluation of a potential opportunity.
Market Information and Analytics
- Maintain a solid understanding of the underlying business models and aircraft requirements of AerCap customers and potential customers within APAC.
- Under guidance from the APAC leasing team, maintain ongoing contact with AerCap customers, competitors, suppliers and other industry information sources to ensure AerCap’s collective knowledge and information on airlines within APAC is current, including business plans, financial statements, market analysis and industry reports.
- Liaise with management (both Risk and Leasing executives) in the debate and analysis of airline credits within the APAC region.
Internal efficiency improvement and management reporting
- Provide analytical support to projects, initiatives, and management decisions within the Leasing department.
- Populate slides, charts, or sections in corporate memos and presentations
Job Requirements, Qualifications, and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters, preferably (but not essentially) in Finance, Business, Mathematics, Engineering, or Aerospace.
- 2-4 years of experience in a commercial department within aviation (airline, manufacturer, aircraft lessor) industry, or in either management, consulting, or banking with a focus on these industries are preferred but not essential.
Technical & Functional
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good presentation skills, proficiency in PowerPoint preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (Mandarin as a 2nd language is preferred)
- Comfortable presenting materials in both formal and informal settings.
- Able to manage relationships with all AerCap departments and customers.
- Maintain relationships necessary to facilitate data feeds and maintenance of recurring reports and analyses.
- Work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Extraordinary attention to overall quality of final product
- Flexible, self-starting, and tenacious with an exceptional ability to deal with ambiguity/pressure
- Meets deadlines, able to prioritize
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity: develop knowledge base and skill set beyond that called for by immediate tasks; push the ‘knowledge envelope’; evaluate results of own work and that of others critically vs. purely focusing on production; continuously question processes and / or methods and seek opportunities for improvement; thoughtfully challenge conventional wisdom.