Manager Financial Instruments (11 month contract)
AerCap is seeking an experienced qualified Finance professional to join our team on an 11 month fixed term contract. Reporting to the Senior Manager Financial Instruments, the candidate will have responsibility for certain aspects of treasury accounting including analysis, calculations and postings for the following areas; secured debt, unsecured debt, derivatives and other treasury related transactions. The Financial Instruments Team will work closely with the Treasury Operations team.
With AerCap, you will be challenged to develop yourself, to extend your knowledge and skills and to proactively participate in projects and to improve and professionalize processes in the company. The ideal candidate is a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent) with relevant working experience.
- Ongoing duties:
- Prepare all system generated treasury postings including principal and interest relating to a portfolio of debt and other treasury instruments totaling over $28 billion;
- Assist in the monthly review of reconciliations of key balances;
- Preparation of US GAAP derivatives and hedging accounting requirements.
- SOX controls: Assist the preparation of all relevant SOX control documentation including detailed analysis for variations on a monthly basis;
- Reporting support: Preparation and review of Treasury related information for inclusion in financial statements in compliance with legislative provisions and accounting standards.
- Audit requests: Liaise with internal and external auditors on all queries relating to treasury accounting;
- System development: Assist in developments to ensure that the Treasury IT systems are developed to allow for the correct accounting treatment of all treasury transactions.
Job requirements, qualifications, and competencies
- Excellent numerical / analytical skills in a complex area
- Experience with Sun or another ERP system is an advantage
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English) - able to communicate ideas accurately and clearly via both verbal and written means with people from a finance and non-finance background
- Someone who takes a proactive approach to solving problems
- Ability to act on own initiative, take responsibility, motivate and lead others effectively
- Flexible – willing to apply extra commitment during busy periods
- Relevant aviation experience is an advantage
- Challenging job in a dynamic business environment
- Interesting colleagues with different backgrounds from all over the world
- An opportunity to become part of the dynamic world of aircraft finance